Are you looking for a next step in your career? And do you like to be the specialist and work close to the business? Vattenfall is now looking to fill the position of Accounting Specialist!
This role is positioned within one of our General Accounting teams in the Accounting R2R organisation part of Finance Business Support. You will report to the Head of Accounting R2R Netherlands.
Accounting R2R is the function in Finance Business Support which provides the accounting expertise to the units in Vattenfall with a strong focus on quality and compliance. Accounting R2R is the Accounting expert for IFRS and the local GAAPs, preparing postings, managing the closings and the external audit, providing financial statements. The function is organised in country specific teams for the General Accounting area and one Fixed Assets team across all countries. The responsibility will cover more Business Areas.
As Accounting Specialist you will be part of the accounting delivery in Vattenfall and contribute to
achieve the targets of the Accounting R2R department. You will be responsible to support the manager especially in the communication with the business contacts and in the coordination of tasks within the teams.
Outsourcing of Accounting R2R activities to the Business process outsourcing (BPO) provider Capgemini will be one key task within the coming period, in addition to securing the delivery and optimising the processes. We would like you to take on this change and contribute with your experience and energy to a successful transition and transformation.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
You will act as Subject area specialists, assists all/selected companies within the Vattenfall group with complex accounting matters related to the specific subject area. Moreover your duties will include:
• Act as accounting expert for IFRS and at least one local GAAP, in this:
- Cooperate with Group Accounting to implement new accounting rules (IFRS) and across Accounting R2R teams for harmonised IFRS application
- Observe and implement local GAAP changes in the served country
- Support business at an early stage to clarify accounting effects in case of intended new contracts / business models / restructuring projects etc.
• Communicate and train the accounting professionals in Vattenfall and the BPO staff regarding changes in IFRS, local GAAP or other accounting guidelines or principles
• Legal entity responsibility for different business areas
• Contribute to good relationships and good service towards internal customers and external suppliers /customers / BPO provider
• Execute services with high quality and timeliness of the delivery following common processes, policies and guidelines
• Provide process improvement ideas to process experts / process specialists
• Participate in development projects within FBS or group-wide / interdisciplinary projectsYour profile
You are a driven and proactive specialist with an open attitude towards change. With your business sense you know how to be a sparring partner for different businesses. You have a high sense of responsibility and like to work in a team! Furthermore you have:
• Relevant University degree (e.g. Business / Accounting) or comparable other training and In-depth specialisation within relevant subject area
• 3 to 5 years’ experience from working with relevant subject area within Finance operations
• Deep understanding of accounting rules (IFRS and at least one set of statutory accounting rules);
• Good knowledge of all Finance processes, specifically of the Record-to-Report process end-to-end
• Full professional proficiency in English and DutchWe offer you
At Vattenfall/Nuon you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere! We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.More information
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Eva Deen, Recruiter, at +31611853543. You can also send your application directly via the link below. Please send your application in English before the 27th of June 2018.We look forward to your application!