Vattenfall IT is looking for an ambitious
Application Consultant Optimisation
The location for this position is Berlin or Hamburg, Germany.
Are you willing to take ownership of applications across the IT- and Business domain also including the key-user community? Are you driven to deliver results, like to continuously improve and also think out of the box? Perfect! Do you know how to communicate with various internal and external stakeholders? Excellent! Do you possess a flexible attitude and like to work in a fast changing energy generation landscape?
Your job as Application Consultant Optimisation
In this position you will be working in the area of energy and heat generation and distribution. The Optimisation application is used to plan and optimise energy production in Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden. In addition to that, it is also used to plan and optimise heat generation in Germany. It is essential to Market’s and Heat Germany’s planning model and also has an enthusiastic and committed user community.
As Application Consultant you are responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance & support of applications operated within IT. You also will maintain applications, supports and train key users as well as participate in various development projects. Part of the role also entails to lead small projects or sub projects in your area of expertise.
Your key activities will be:
- Make a proactive contribution to the support and maintenance of applications, analyse and solve incidents and problems, support key users and make error corrections
- Analyse functional requirements for the business unit, key users or other stakeholders, investigate and suggest proposals as well as cost/effort estimations for potential solutions; present recommendations as a contribution to efficient decision making
- Consult and give advice, as well as suggesting proposals for solutions regarding one or more areas of expertise
- Develop and improve the Optimisation Portfolio and integrate new technologies, e.g. machine learning
- Responsible for configuring the application and therefore the environment, so that system design is durable and will meet business requirements
- Work closely and directly with the business unit and in project teams
- Carry out and document tests (unit, system, regression and integration tests), support the business unit/key users in acceptance testing
- Work according to the processes, procedures and guideline of the company, e.g. ITIL processes
- Follow developments in the sector, identify improvements in functionalities, performance and processes. Translate this data into concrete improvement proposals.
- Lead small projects and sub projects according to the respective routines and guideline with the decided time schedule of your assignment/ sub project
- Take active responsibility for your own progress and share knowledge with colleagues
Your profile as Application Consultant Optimisation
- Academic degree within relevant area (IT, business informatics) or comparable education/training
- First relevant work experience
- Experience with ITIL processes and project management methods
- Experience or applicable training in relevant topics to energy productions
- Fluency in both German and English (written and spoken)
- A curious nature and willingness to learn
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- an unlimited contract
- an office in the heart of Berlin or Hamburg
- working from home
- flexible working hours including part time contracts
- 30 days of vacational leave
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT for the entire Vattenfall Group. Vattenfall IT is part of Strategic Development that provides efficient and reliable IT-services and support. Vattenfall IT has around 1 200 employees spread across Vattenfall companies in Denmark, Finland, Germany, Poland and Sweden.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Martin Ebertus via phone +49 4060005 (3349). For more information about the recruitment process please contact Lucia Macôa via phone +494079022 (4284). Please apply directly via the application button.