Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking to recruit a Business Controller for our UK Onshore business within Business Area Wind.
In this role, you will support the O&M Delivery team in the UK to safely and efficiently optimize its portfolio of 6 operating assets across England, Wales and Scotland. This includes owning and operating the Edinbane, Clashindarroch, Swinford, Pendine, Parc Cynog onshore wind farms and the PV@Pendine solar farm. Furthermore, we have a sizeable number of projects in the pipeline at different stages of project development maturity. The unit is fast growing and now requires support in optimizing the financial performance, business analysis and external stakeholder reporting.
Your reporting line will be to the Director of Controlling Onshore, based in Sweden. In your daily business you will also work closely / support the Controller for the BU Offshore O&M delivery unit in UK.
Your responsibilities as Business Controller
- As a Business Controller in Vattenfall Wind Onshore you will primarily support the Onshore Wind BU site managers in UK with timely analysis of their business performance. This will include financial analysis and cost / benefit models to support decision making.
- Planning, forecasting, and reporting (monthly) for the Onshore Site Managers
- Support the Manager for Generation Onshore O&M Delivery UK on financial topics and decision making e.g. analysis of top LCOE (ie: Levelized Cost of Energy) reduction levers.
- Responsible for submitting monthly data to external stakeholders such as Ofgem and DECC.
- Support the interface between O&M Delivery team in UK and Vattenfall’s BA Markets Trading teams, SCADA team in Denmark to help optimize revenues, clarify production data etc.
- Managing the Ofgem renewable subsidy process to receive and transfer renewable subsidies on both existing operational assets and new projects.
- Ad hoc participation in project and strategic improvement initiatives
Your profile as a Business Controller
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in economics, or accounting/finance, with a minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience from controlling and/or financial modelling
- Strong Business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong experience in excel, together with experience in building and managing a good structure for a vast range of financial data (pivots, v-lookups, etc)
- Be attentive to detail, while being able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management
- Strong team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and work in multicultural teams
- Experienced in explaining financial results and concepts to non-finance personnel
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written English
- Part qualified accountant, either CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience in development and/or usage of a BI tool or project-related databases would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Financial Theory is an advantage
The location of this position is London. Regular business trips could be required.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Last day to apply is September 28th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Alper Elmas, Director of Business Controlling, Onshore Wind in BA Wind, +46 707543605. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786 or mail email@example.com.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!