Do you want to be responsible for the creation of data products to accelerate Vattenfall’s digital transformation strategy? Do you want to become part of a team that develops and keeps our data together in a data platform?
As a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer you will have an important role in capturing the potential that analytics can give Vattenfall. You will design, build and integrate data from various sources. You will write complex data queries and create data infrastructure in a simple and efficient matter. You will visualize data for the business to make it possible to e.g. increase decision accuracy and improve process efficiency.
Your stack will consist of mainly Oracle related services. An Oracle database is for example used connected to the marketing automation tool. Business Intelligence and analytics is a strategic area for Vattenfall with high priority and there will be good opportunities to develop your profession as BI developer. The technology develops rapidly and continuous learning will be key to make sure to use technology in the best way.
BI Developers will work closely with our business partners which consist of all business units in Vattenfall that have a customer relation. Will you help them getting better insight in our customers’ demands?
Feel energized? Great! Then read on, because there is more in it for you.
Your profile and personal skills
• Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable degree
• You have at least 2 years’ experience in software development
• You have a hands-on mentality to solve complex issues
• Learning new tools and software development skills is your second nature
• You think about data as a massive asset to leverage
• You are keen on automation using Continuous Integrations/Delivery tooling
• You have an Agile mindset and SCRUM way of working
• You feel personally committed to the goal setting and delivery of the team (local and international)
• Familiar with Microsoft and Oracle SQL databases and building data warehouse solutions
• Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing and version control
• Experience in deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management
• Strong interest in taking directed customer marketing to a next level using analytics together with data scientists using e.g. Python or R
• Proficient in spoken and written English, Swedish is beneficial
• Last but not least you are not afraid to drink a cup of coffee with a product owner
• Being part of setting up a new key area for Vattenfall and part in a transformation process where business intelligence is a success factor for our business
• A professional environment where your business intelligence knowledge and attitude will bring us one step further
• A central office location with easy access, by either public transport or car.
• Furthermore, a healthy work-life balance (smart working) and time to develop your profession as BI Developer
• At Vattenfall you get the opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation
• And last but not least; International and multi-cultural work environment with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well!
• P.S we also have free gym and training classes in our Solna office. D.S.
Location: Arenastaden, Solna (near Mall of Scandinavia)
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link below, no later than 3rd of March, 2019.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Jenny Malmkvist +46 793 04 43 43. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Ann Nilsson, +46 727 08 57 55.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation
We look forward to your application!
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg/Lars-Erik Näsman (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.