Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as District Heating and Cooling Engineer within the Vattenfall Heat UK Ltd, part of our pan-European business unit, Vattenfall Energy Solutions.
You will become a key member of the engineering team at the heart of our expansion in to the UK market. Second in to the engineering team after the Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for developing progressive engineering solutions which are commercially robust to deliver large infrastructure investments undertaken by the Energy Solutions business in UK.
This business venture offers low carbon solutions for large scale heat networks, solar power, electricity infrastructure, e-mobility, storage technologies and digital platforms combining the benefits of both decentralised and centralised energy production to deliver a service fitting the demands of the next generation of infrastructure in the UK.
If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is the place to be, at the right time.
As a District Heating and Cooling Engineer, you will be a part of developing and delivering multi hundred-million-pound low and zero carbon district heating and cooling networks. In this role you will be responsible for the full engineering solution from energy modelling to design, inspection, commissioning and performance analysis. With the project from cradle to grave you will be personally accountable for decisions made which will impact the long-term operational reliability and profitability of 40 year assets.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Detailed, half-hourly energy modelling and plant selection to deliver low carbon solution from different scale projects.
- Provide required engineering input for tender response, working closely with Solutions Manager
- Develop standardised technical solution from final customer systems, HIU selection, primary network to energy centres
- Provide technical expertise for other business functions: commercial, assets, O&M, customer support
- Ensure quality assurance for the proposed technical solution and compliance with Vattenfall governance processes
To be successful, you will have the following experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
- 5 years of experience in engineering
- Charted Engineer, through an appropriate engineering institute such as CIBSE, IMechE, IET or working towards achieving chartership
- Understanding of design principles, hydraulics and thermodynamics
- Experience of detailed design district heating and cooling systems
- Experience with heat pumps and BMS is preferred
- Experience of commissioning and asset operation - real performance compared to modelled performance.
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be:
- Passionate to develop more innovative solutions with low to zero carbon
- Attention to detail in your work and self-checking approach to engineering
- Strong soft-skills – able to work with multiple parties, communicate clearly, and explain concepts in simple language.
- Personally accountable and responsible – you will naturally take ownership of things and you will be able to confidently justify the technical accuracy to project QA team and client’s appointed engineers
- Inquisitive, learning and open-minded – you will be open to trying new things, exploring new concepts and technologies, and learning in this exciting and developing market.
The location of this position is central London, travel will be required in the UK and at times across Europe.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living - building by building, district by district, city by city
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, phone +31615604138 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.