We are looking for skilled and experienced Financial Controller for Staff Functions.
“We are experts in data analytics and finance reporting, enabling effective fact-based decision making through efficient and standardized solutions.” Financial Control strategy is built on four elements. First is optimal interface: with all our work, we start with business demand. We listen and take care for right connection with expertise and follow up within Finance. And we want to become better every day! Secondly we are operating as Reporting Hub: we are adding value by driving efficient and standardized reporting solutions. Common structures are mainly the financial data assets, but also the way we handle the governance. Third element is data analytics: by achieving efficiency via our smart solutions, we create time to leverage on our analytical skills. This is a new area of expertise which can be well connected to our financial data expertise. Fourth element is continuously improvement: we strive for data quality increase (one time right) and cost reduction in reporting. We focus on 4 ways to reach this: simplify, unify, integrate and automate.
As Financial Controller your main objectives will be to provide financial reporting services and data expertise to the business. Execute reporting and support forecasting and planning processes. You will collaborate on the operational level, working with the other finance departments and the Business to optimize interfaces and manage change driven from the organization. You will work closely together with the BPO provider, managing the interface for defined standard products as well as providing third line support for Vattenfall requests to Capgemini’s Service desk. As Financial Controller you are ambitious to contribute to digitalization strategy at Vattenfall by driving the implementation of Self Service Reporting in Finance function and beyond.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
• Deliver and present reporting including analysis for the Staff functions; Customer Service, Group Finance and Procurement.
• Operate and maintain Staff function specific reports/KPI’s. Execute services with high quality and timeliness of the delivery following common processes, policies and guidelines.
• Be an integral part of Charge out and Transfer Pricing process within Vattenfall.
• Contribute to the transformation from current used reporting style towards a more dynamic visualization of the performance and supplying insights on problems, solutions or assumptions.
• Responsible for monitoring data quality, reporting and signaling issues to the Data operations team. Support root cause analysis, action planning and implementation of solutions.
• Operate and maintain Financial model: advice on improvements / changes in financial model.
• Support in forecast and planning processes in accordance to agreed interfaces.
• Actively use the Self Service Reporting Tool yourself and be an ambassador towards peers and business partners. Work closely with the system team in agile way to further develop data quality and new features based on business demand.
• Participate in development projects within Finance or group-wide / interdisciplinary projects.
Required skills and knowledge:
• Relevant University degree (e.g. Business / Accounting)
• Proven experience within reporting, controlling and analysis
• Experience from the Accounting area is beneficiary
• Ability to create presentations with actionable analysis in conjunction with storyline line about business performance
• Understanding of Vattenfall’s financial steering model, governance structure and accounting rules is beneficiary
• Good skills in the relevant financial systems (e.g. SAP ERP, Cognos Controller, Power BI) as well as Office 365
• Up-to-date on Finance IT knowledge and emerging technologies. Assesses new technology solutions and purposes solutions that could radically improve analysis
• Fluent in business English
• Ability to work in an international and virtual team
• Open attitude towards change and continuous improvements
• High sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
• Ability to work proactively and solution oriented
• Ability to work in large and complex organizations and to handle internal and external interfaces effectively
• Good advisory and verbal and written communication skills
• Good analytical skill set and an ability to connect the dots from various data sources along with the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas as simple as possible
Process and time line:
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter no later than 28th of May 2019.
Please note that this position might be subject for Security Vetting, which also includes national security controls.
For more information, please contact:
Mariann Buzas Eliasson (Head of Financial Control Staff Functions), +46 73 070 27 14.
Caroline Grammenos (Recruiter), +46 72 224 97 01.
Trade union representatives Michelle von Gyllenpalm (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here:
We are looking forward for your application!