Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Head of Project Support & Contract Management Offshore reporting to the Director of Project Delivery Offshore in BA Wind. You will become a member of the Project Delivery Offshore Management Team.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
The Project Delivery Offshore department is responsible for the project delivery from TG2 until the TG5 phase is closed. The focus lies on project management, ensuring the smooth delivery of projects (quality project on time and on budget). As such, the focus is on setting up the projects, tendering and delivering the projects whilst ensuring strong focus on HSE. The Project Support & Contract Management department will provide resources for the entire Project Delivery to ensure a smooth delivery of projects and will be responsible for contract management as well as project management support to project directors.
As Head of Project Support & Contract Management Offshore in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities
- Manage a team of managers who lead teams of project experts in the areas of Project Support and Contract Management / Planning
- Develop further the competences in the above mentioned areas of expertise
- Take a leading role for the project management excellence initiatives in Project Delivery
- Ensure a strong commercial and project management excellence focus in the steering committees of the offshore projects
- Act as senior adviser to the Director Project Delivery on those matters
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in a Vattenfall/BA Wind main location. Regular business trips are required.
What we are looking for in our leaders
- You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within a wind and project environment
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges
- Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
In the new BA Wind set up we want to increase our focus on leadership development. Therefore, the BA Wind Leadership Development Program has been set up, which focuses on two aspects: the development of individual leadership skills and the development of management teams.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 31st of March 2019.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Director of Project Delivery Offshore Felix Würtenberger, +494027182003. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!