Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of Intraday Gas Trader in Gas Trading, Business Area (BA) Markets, as part of the Vattenfall organisation.
Your job as an Intraday Gas Trader:
As an Intraday Gas Trader you work in a multi-national and dynamic environment. You are the key contact person for our internal and external customers. As a member of the 24/7 team you are our trader on all important European intraday gas markets. Furthermore you are responsible for the physical nomination of gas deals and gas assets. We continually develop and adapt our processes to changes in the market, securing and maximizing value for the Vattenfall Group as well as the Vattenfall Energy Trading value chain. Our ambition is to be the benchmark of the industry.
As an Intraday Gas Trader Market Access in Gas Trading your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Keeping track of relevant market developments
- Implement successful risk taking and profit making through proprietary strategies
- Provide an excellent market access service to our internal and external customers
- Secure the provision of Vattenfall’s gas fired plants by dispatching our assets (e.g. gas storages)
- Improve the quality, speed and efficiency of our processes
- Practice advanced cooperation internally and externally
You will report to the Head of Gas Trading.
Your profile as an Intraday Gas Trader:
- University degree or comparable professional education with additional qualification
- 2 up to 5 years of work experience
- Trading skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and good knowledge of German/English spoken and written
- Highly team-oriented
- High willingness of decision making on own analysis
- Strong commercial thinking and understanding
- Reliable and stress-resistant, pro-active behaviour
- Goal and result oriented
- Willingness to work in shift
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.Location:
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by Market Access. More Information
We welcome your application in English, including a CV and cover letter via the application button, no later than February 28th, 2019.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Guy Smith via phone +4940668780 156. For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Selma Budak via phone +494079022 7788.
We look forward to receive your application!