For our office in Hamburg, we are offering the position of a:
IT System Specialist for Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Systems
As a specialist in our ETRM reporting system you will be developing the in-house developed ETRM data warehouse in close cooperation with the business functions whilst ensuring stable system operations. The ETRM data warehouse is the primary data source used for risk position monitoring, financial reporting as well as to process our regulatory reporting.
Throughout 2019 you will also be a central part of the project team to migrate the current Oracle based architecture to a state-of-the-art data warehouse based on Microsoft Azure components.
You will be a member of the ETRM Change Implementation team, which holds both IT technical and business competencies, especially around risk and financial reporting. Our paramount aim is to advance Vattenfall’s risk and finance management infrastructure by combining these skills in one team.
We are looking for a motivated person with a self-starting attitude who is willing to understand the business requirements and participate in an active and dynamic role in our multi-disciplinary teams.
The position is especially well suited for candidates with sound practical experience in the financial sector, e.g. in Energy Trading or banking, who also possess a solid technical background in the operations of database applications or cloud-based technologies.
We however also encourage candidates with less hands-on experience to apply for this position once they are willing to grow their practical expertise as required. Your responsibilities:
- Familiarise with Vattenfall’s ETRM system landscape and gain in-depth business knowledge
- Develop and maintain our ETRM system to ensure state-of-the-art and stable operations
- Take over operative tasks and assist our stakeholders with ad-hoc analyses and support
- Take an active role in the cloud migration project and in leveraging the business opportunities this technology provides
- Contribute to data warehousing and reporting strategy with a dynamic role
- Actively engage with our stakeholders to align requirements and to find synergies by developing standardized solutions
- Further responsibilities and work tasks can be discussed based on the competences and interests of the candidate
As a successful ETRM System IT Specialist (m/f) your work is defined by initiative and by taking a proactive approach. You are performance-driven with a team-oriented working style.
Besides that, you convince with the following skills and competencies:
- University degree in natural sciences, mathematics, engineering, business administration, computer science, business information systems or similar qualification
- Practical programming experience in modern languages e.g. Python, C++, Java
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Ability to think “out of the box” and to challenge requests to find the most suitable solution
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Self-motivating attitude and a mindset to engage in new areas of expertise once required
- Ability to work in a demanding and time critical environment
- Willingness to perform operational tasks
In addition, it would be viewed as a merit if you would also possess any of the following competencies:
- Experience with data modelling and implementation experience in a modern Data Warehouse utilizing “Big Data” architectures and technologies such as Spark/Hadoop
- Knowledge of (Oracle) databases and experience with PL/SQL programming
- Hands-on experience with any of the following: Azure Data Lake, Databricks, Analysis Services, Data Factory and Power BI
- Practical experience with Azure DevOps Services
- Experience with the ETRM system Endur
- Background in Energy Trading, Risk Management or Finance
- Fluent in German
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact Martin Zimmer via phone +494024430370. For information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Selma Budak, via phone +49 40 790227788 or apply directly via the application button.
We look forward to your application!