Fossil Free within one generation - we are looking for bright minds to make this happen!
Are you interested in software development, but want also to have a deeper insight on what is driving the related business? Join the world of Energy Trading and Risk Management!
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for top talents to join our Junior ETRM Program in the Operations department of BA Markets.
The Junior ETRM Program
The program runs for 24 months. As a Junior ETRM Software Engineer at BA Markets you will be part of the ETRM (Energy Trading and Risk Management) team with other young professionals. We are looking for a motivated person willing to learn and to understand the business needs and participate in an active and dynamic role in small multi-disciplinary teams. Professional development will be supported based on the candidate’s competencies and interests.
Within ETRM, the Market Access & Logistics Team develops state-of-the-art applications for Power / Gas Logistics, Power Term and Intraday Trading and other commodities. We are responsible for a growing number of in-house developed services and applications, but also maintain off-the-shelf software from different international vendors. Software development, software vendor relationship management and daily maintenance are our key activities. The variety of different tasks and obligations require high flexibility, but offers at the same time a great opportunity to learn our wide business from the scratch.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Junior ETRM Software Engineer in Market Access & Logistics
- Front Office and Logistics support for existing tools, e.g. Power Intraday position handling, gas trading applications, market (exchange) access applications
- Maintaining legacy software applications
- Participating actively in an agile team & DevOps team
- Maintaining and developing web and Windows application with Microsoft .NET Framework/Core in C#
- Maintaining and developing data access layer using SQL Server or Oracle Database
- Developing front-end applications using Angular 5+
- Maintaining and developing Azure-based applications, cloud-native
- Active communication to traders and other IT departments in Vattenfall
As a successful Junior ETRM Software Engineer
your work is defined by initiative and taking a proactive approach. You are performance-driven with a cooperative and team-oriented working style. Besides that, you convince with the following skills and competencies:
- University degree in Information Technology, Engineering or other related field
- Following technical skills will be beneficial: .NET, SQL Server, Angular 5+, Kafka messaging, AKS
- Also good to have knowledge in analytical modeling using Python, Excel/VBA
- Fast learner and early adaptor of new business and technological developments
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to do the stretch over the full service chain; From 1st level support up to supplier coordination
- Team oriented and excellent communicator
- Fluent in English, preferably also fluent in either German, Dutch or Swedish
This is an excellent opportunity for talented individuals who want to start their career with a challenging job within a leading company with good career and personal development opportunities. We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of, e.g., age, gender, disability, and ethnic background.What we offe
- International working environment
- Office located in the heart of Hamburg
- Flexible working hours incl. home office
- 30 days / year vacation
- Internal and external training and development opportunities
- HVV Profi Ticket
- Company pension scheme
- Workplace health promotion
Vattenfall is one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and is primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We also have a significant stake in the growing wind energy market in Western Europe. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.More Information:
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +4940790227788. Please send your application before April 8th, 2019.We look forward to receiving your application!