The purpose of Nuon/Vattenfall is enabling fossil free living within one generation. To achieve this we need a leading position in sustainable consumption and production, while being cost efficient and attracting the best people. We are looking for a Dutch speaking Public & Regulatory Advisor within the Dutch Public and Regulatory Affairs team (PRA NL). The focus of the role will amongst others be on supporting our new and upcoming businesses, such as E-Mobility, Solar and Energy Solutions.
Public and Regulatory Affairs is part of Staff Function Communications. Through our political and regulatory activities, we support the commercial and strategic interests of Nuon/Vattenfall by acting as the key interface between Nuon/Vattenfall and political and external stakeholders. Our main task is to create a regulatory framework that is attractive for Nuon/Vattenfall’s operations, both in the short and long run. We do this by being on top of political and regulatory developments in the field of energy and climate and being in close contact with the most important external stakeholders such as Ministries, Parliament, industry associations and NGO’s.
We offer you a great opportunity to shine in an exciting and challenging role as our new Regulatory advisor. You’ll get to work in a highly dynamic team, working on current issues in climate and energy policy with a high degree of autonomy. The position offers you a chance to contribute to the Dutch Climate Agreement, work closely with senior management within Nuon/Vattenfall and create a network within the Dutch political and regulatory environment.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Monitor, identify and analyze political and regulatory themes and issues in order to assess the potential impact.
• Develop Vattenfall’s positions on climate and energy related topics and prepare and execute lobby strategies in close cooperation with the business and other functions;
• Develop strategies to position Nuon/Vattenfall as the leading company in the energy transition;
• Develop and maintain good relations with political and regulatory stakeholders;
• Inform the business and senior management about relevant external developments
Your profile a Regulatory Advisor
We are looking for new colleague who has a strong drive to shape the energy transition. You have excellent analytical skills and a strong capability of writing and orally presenting. You can summarize large scale of information and focus on the core. Your ability to set up networks internally and externally is outstanding and you have the courage to be self-reflecting, question the intention of the business and think out of the box.
• University degree in economics, business, political science or other relevant field;
• Strong knowledge, experience and network in the energy market, with a background in e.g. government, business or DSO/TSO.
• Experience with policymaking at government is a pre;
• Hands-on and result driven: create, produce and deliver autonomously within a given framework and have the flexibility to go for the result;
• Excellent communication and networking skills. Ability to build trust with different stakeholders, create and maintain network of relevant stakeholders;
• Strong drive to get information, listen, analyze and use your knowledge to influence;
• Fluency in Dutch, written and spoken; fluent in English.Location AmsterdamWe offer
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You will be working in our new modern head office in Amsterdam.More information
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Feel energized? We look forward to receiving your application! We welcome your application in Dutch or English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page.
For more information regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Eva Deen, +31611853543