Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat with operations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieve climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a SCADA Network Engineer to support new wind projects as well as supporting the operational fleet. Also to secure that all wind farms of Vattenfall Wind Power are operated safely and have lucrative competitive advantages.
As one of the key functions in Vattenfall’s wind business the Competence Area SCADA Infrastructure is general responsible for supporting wind projects, operational sites and other business units in managing SCADA equipment, communication and respective infrastructure.
Your responsibilities as a SCADA Network Engineer:
Your main responsibility as SCADA Network Engineer will be to ensure the SCADA Infrastructure will be operated in an IT-secure and cost competitive way and to ensure that data is available via the data center during the wind farms lifetime.
In cooperation with your colleagues, you will be focusing on operations of On- & Offshore wind portfolio once a site been handed to Operations & Maintenance. Your will be collaborating closely with colleagues in project design & delivery phase. You will be working in the fields of SCADA network systems, focusing on the Vattenfall network for substation control system, automation systems on substations, auxiliary systems and turbine control systems.
Your responsibility will also include:
• Support the operational fleet of wind farms by handling technical network communication tasks.
• Pre-define scope and lead subcontractors on defined assignments supporting the O&M of the network equipment.
• Ensure configuration and network equipment is up to date and that the integration of data to the centralized data centers are functional.
• Contribute to an increased Technical IT safety level and ensure the wind farms are in a safe condition meeting Vattenfall and other regulative requirements.
• Daily operational tasks, with monitoring and optimization of our running network solutions.
• Develop and operate with standard solutions for the wind farm network.
• Ensure documentation is being developed and kept up to date.
• Able to participate in a 24/7 on-call duty
Your qualifications as a SCADA Network Engineer:
You have a degree within Engineering or similar and have gained minimum 3 years' experience with network engineering from similar industry, preferably within the energy sector.
In addition you need to have experience in the following areas:
• Security network solutions Cisco and Check Point based.
• Certified in CCNP routing and switching or an equal level
• Able to design and operate high-available networks.
• Familiar with the switching and routing protocols, and have knowledge of multicast.
• Knowledge of Industrial networks like: Hirschmann, Cisco and RuggedCom (Siemens).
• Knowledge of Voice over IP and line of sight communication.
The following qualifications are not considered as mandatory, but are desirable and certainly an advantage:
• Experience with SCADA related protocols like OPC, IEC60870, IEC60870-5-104, Modbus.
• Experience in working within ITIL and ISO 27000 framework.
• Experience with traffic analyzes.
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English
Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well
with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners along with your
• Have a strong personal drive, sense of responsibility and take ownership of your tasks.
• Are a true team player and able to contribute to the existing team spirit.
• Act and work in a, sometime chaotic environment.
• Have a systematic and focused approach to your daily tasks.
• Are strongly performance oriented – enjoy a challenge and good at capturing lessons learned.
• See design, documentation as a natural and integrated part of the work.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international working environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues.
We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is Esbjerg or Kolding in Denmark, Hamburg in Germany or Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
For further information regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
If you have the need of further information regarding the position or should you have specific questions, you can call Per Holgersen, Manager SCADA Infrastructure, phone +45-27874955.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is September 30 , but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 24,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you!
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities.
Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.