Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for a candidate to our SCADA project department, which is responsible for specification, design and implementation of wind farm automation system for both turbine and substation controls. Furthermore we control the integration into the overall Vattenfall Wind Power Data Center and operation center in cooperation with colleagues from the other SCADA teams.
The department is part of Business Area Wind, which is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind Farms as well as other non-hydro renewable activities. Today, we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. We are currently more than 26 employees in the SCADA department.
Your responsibilities as a SCADA Project Engineer with focus on substation control system:
In cooperation with your colleagues, you will be part of specify standard concept for substation control system in the wind farm design, integration concept for higher level SCADA systems, project tendering and execution of the project until handover to operation within the fields of substation control systems. Furthermore, you will partly be responsible for:
- handling project-related technical communication with subcontractors during construction and ensure integration of data and remote access from centralized data center
- definition and fulfilment of technical specification with focus on substation control systems.
- configuration of PLC, RTU and/or server for substation control systems
- project-related activities required for the substation control system delivery
- participating in FAT, SAT commissioning and subsequent handover to O&M, including general follow-up
- supporting the operation team and management of wind farms with your specialist knowledge
- cooperating with your colleagues in electrical engineering departments, the operation team and SCADA Project Managers who can be both internal and external engineers
Your qualifications as a SCADA Project Engineer with focus on substation control system:
You are educated in Electrical Engineering and have gained experience with automation and control systems from similar industry, preferably within the energy sector. In addition you need to have:
- Minimum 4 years work experience and your competences lie within a combination of substation control system , offshore design, power electrical system and construction projects.
- Knowledge about design, specification, configuration and test of substation control systems preferable within ABB and/or Siemens control systems.
- Thorough knowledge about communication protocols for power system, automation and configuration of application using communication protocol, such as IEC 60870-5-101/104, IEC 61850 and OPC UA.
- General knowledge within some of following: alarm handling, database system, server configuration in a virtualised environment, IT network, .
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently. Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners and colleagues.
- have a strong personal drive
- are a true team player and able to add to the existing team spirit with an open and positive attitude
- have a systematic and focused approach
- are strongly performance oriented, and like challenges
- you are good at capturing lessons learned
- are comfortable with a changing environment and an international perspective
- show a proactive approach towards stakeholders
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
You may choose freely to be based in one of Vattenfall office in Denmark (Kolding), Germany (Hamburg), Netherland (Amsterdam). However, you must expect travel activities related to your work, as you will be working on different projects in Northern Europe and have colleagues placed at different locations.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
If you need more information as regards to the position, don’t hesitate to contact Brian Astrup, email@example.com. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter, Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is January 1st 2019, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!