Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for a SCADA Project Network Engineer for our SCADA project department, which is responsible for project related Network specifications, design, and implementation within our wind farm projects. Furthermore we control the integration into the overall Vattenfall Wind Power Data Center and operation center in cooperation with colleagues from the SCADA infrastructure team.
The department is part of Business Area Wind, which is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind Farms as well as other non-hydro renewable activities. Today, we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. We are currently more than 23 employees in the SCADA department.
Your responsibilities as a SCADA Project Network Engineer:
In cooperation with your colleagues, you will be part of project design, specification, configuration, evaluation and execution of the project until handover to operation within the fields of SCADA network systems, focusing on the Vattenfall network for substations control system, automation systems on substations, auxiliary systems and turbine control systems. Your responsibility in the projects will include:
• handle project-related technical network communication with subcontractors during construction and ensure installation and configuration of network equipment, integration of data and clarifications regarding remote access from centralized data centers.
• definition and fulfilment of technical specification with focus on network and IT security rules in accordance with Vattenfall standard policies.
• project specific design based on predefined standard solutions for all parties of the wind farm network, ranging from the physical layout over layer 2 and layer 3 to network security including line of sight and WIFI solutions..
• full project as-built documentation for the network setup.
• participate in FAT, SAT commissioning and subsequent handover to O&M.
• support the operation team and management within the projects with your specialist knowledge
Your qualifications as a SCADA Project Network Engineer:
You have a Bachelor degree within Engineering or similar and have gained minimum 3 years' experience with network engineering from similar industry, preferably within the energy sector.
In addition you need to have experience in the following areas:
• Security network solutions Cisco and check point based.
• Holding a CCNP routing and switching certification or are at an equivalent level
• Designing and build high-available networks.
• Familiar with the switching and routing protocols, and have knowledge of multicast.
• Been working in project and used to have deadlines for your deliveries and scope of work.
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently. Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners and colleagues.
• have a strong personal drive
• are a true team player and can add energy to the existing team spirit
• have a systematic and focused approach
• see documentation as a natural and integrated part of the work.
• show a proactive approach towards tasks and stakeholders.
• will be able to make and implement decisions effectively.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Vattenfall office in Denmark (Kolding). However, you must expect travel activities related to your work, as you will be working on different projects in Europe and have colleagues placed at different locations.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter, Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is September 30th 2018, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.