For the Network team as part of the Data Centre department of Vattenfall IT, we are looking for an experienced and ambitious
Senior Network Engineer
The location for this position is Solna.
Your Job as Network Operations Engineer
Vattenfall IT is looking for an ambitioned Network Engineer, who has at least five years of experience in network operation and engineering in complex corporate environments, strong skills in CISCO Routers & Switches, Checkpoint Firewalls, DNS / DHCP, Data Centre network environment, remote-access (RAS) and Security Engineering.
Focus will be provisioning and supporting network solutions for specific business areas (‘Tech-IT’) with their applications and LAN/WAN-environments mainly in Sweden, but also in other countries, where Vattenfall is active. Part of the job is as well to cooperate with our external sourcing partner for Network.
Your key activities will be:
• Work in an international team (6 countries)
• Develop network operational concepts and support Network-related projects
• Planning, implementation inclusive LAN-cabling and operation of Firewall infrastructure in technical areas of the business (‘Tech-IT’) with focus on Sweden (several power plants)
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing systems and provide resolutions to those systems
• Execution operational tasks including patch management, lifecycle management of related network devices as well as supporting international projects in those technical areas
• Maintaining network infrastructure, configuration, integrity and security updates for switches, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, routers and firewalls
• Documentation and continuous network clean-up (e.g. assets, IP life-cycle)
• Communicate / cooperate on different levels:
a. Internally: monitoring team , solution architects, service managers
b. Externally: different external providers
• Business trips are required within an international team as well as for executing e,g, life cycle activities and on-site meetings with the business in the Swedish country region
• Taking part in on-call duty (24/7)
Your profile as Senior Network Engineer
Skills/knowledge in the following areas, relevant Cisco and Checkpoint certification preferred:
• Long-term job experience in network operations in complex corporate environments, strong skills in CISCO Routers & Switches, Firewalls, DNS / DHCP, Data Centre network environment, remote-access (RAS) and Security Engineering
• Cisco Routers & Switches (LAN, WAN, WLAN, DC-Environment
• CheckPoint Firewalls, optional Fortigate Firewalls
• Experience in planning LAN-Infrastructure (cabling, rack layout)
• VPN RAS / Security Engineering
• DNS / DHCP
• Strong communication skills (fluent English and Swedish are a must)
• Knowledge about structure of Data Centres including security zones
• Proven analytic and conceptional abilities
• Independent / autonomous workstyle
• Academic Degree in IT: Computer Science, engineering, science, mathematics or similar
• Driving license
• EU citizenship (a security vetting will be mandatory)
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Vattenfall IT is the internal IT provider for the entire Vattenfall Group. As a full-service IT provider our goal is to deliver efficient and reliable IT services and support Vattenfall in its aim to become fossil free within one generation. We are more than 1000 employees located in Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Finland, Denmark and UK.
For more information about the position please contact hiring manager Christian Schwert, Acting Manager Network, +49 152 546 276 89. For more information about the recruitment process s please contact Recruiter Peter Blixter +46 72-237 32 02.
Trade union representatives in Sweden, Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg/Lars-Erik Näsman (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
We welcome your application, including CV and cover letter via the link below, no later than 20th of January, 2019. As we may conduct interviews on an ongoing basis, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.