We are looking for a Senior Nuclear Safety Assessor to join our team CINSO (Corporate Independent Nuclear Safety Oversight).
CINSO continuously monitor Vattenfall nuclear safety performance, in addition reviews are systematically performed in planned areas at site and corporate level.
CINSO gives advice based on an independent and diversified view to the CEO of Vattenfall. The independent oversight work should be strategic, enabling the CEO to be well-informed in matters that may have consequences on nuclear safety and performance. CINSO also provide information to the CNO (Chief Nuclear Officer) and the license holders on the stations nuclear safety performance through its reports.CINSO furthermore administers the Nuclear Safety Council and holds a “Whistle Blowing” function i.e. anyone within the Vattenfall organisation may contact CINSO regarding concerns on nuclear related safety issues. The Nuclear Safety Council gives advice to the CEO in nuclear safety and performance matters from an external perspective.
Your role and responsibilities as Senior Nuclear Safety Assessor:
In this role, you will be one of a team of Nuclear Safety Assessors within Vattenfall. You will lead or participate in activities covered by the CINSO oversight program. This team gathers data and information about nuclear safety and performance by following the business through meetings; documentation and doing field observations as well as performing targeted reviews individually or in teams. Based on these assessments and second-level analyses, recommendations for decisions are given to the executive management..
Depending on your background your work will include:
• Perform observations and maintain personal contacts with the organisation being overseen.
• Responsible for assessments in periodical reports and reviews.
• Lead and participate in CINSOs systematic independent reviews and focus area reviews.
• Present results of assessments to reviewed organisations and senior management.
• Facilitate development of CINSOs annual plan.
• Lead and contribute in various ways to assessment meetings in order to utilise the full potential of the CINSO group.
• Lead and participate in development of the independent oversight work in accordance with international best practices
• Participate in internal and external benchmarking and in international working groups.
• Arrange and participate in seminars to promote the development of independent oversight
• You will also keep extensive contacts with relevant functions within BA Generation.
• Participate in international networks on independent oversight
• Participate, as an external expert, in reviews of other utilities
• Relevant education/university degree or extensive experience to compensate missing education.
• Extensive experience within the area of nuclear safety and nuclear plant operations.
• Experience in leading teams/reviews/projects within a nuclear organisation
• Knowledge and understanding of international nuclear standards
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in Swedish and English.
• Experience from international reviews
Your personal skills:
• Communicative and trustworthy approach, verbal and written
• Courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response
• High personal integrity
• Cooperative and open minded
• Questioning attitude
• Structured approach
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to understand the broader perspective
Location: Arenastaden,Solna / Flexible
Travels to other Vattenfall locations is expected.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link below, no later than 28th of March, 2019.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Eva Pettersson (Head of CINSO) +46 738308343 . For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Ann Nilsson, +46 727 08 57 55.
You are also welcome to contact CINSO Team members: Yngve Flodin 070 539 5385, Magnus Törmänen 072 718 5492, Björn Arkborn 072 560 1045
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation
We look forward to your application!
Trade union representatives in Sweden Michelle von Gyllenpalm & Leif Sjöberg (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.