In this position you will be responsible for the sourcing Management of Temporary labour across the Vattenfall Group. In this role you will be part of the Category Contingent Workforce team.
In today’s challenging market conditions, Vattenfall’s ability to reduce costs is more crucial than ever. Procurement is one of the fundamental levers to reduce costs in Vattenfall and maximize the value we get from our capital and operational expenditures.
As (Sub-) Category Manager Contingent Labour in the Business Unit Indirect Spend you will Support Vattenfall's Business Areas in all their procurement needs within the Contingent Workforce sub-category Contingent Labour. This position will include all steps of the procurement process from identification of saving potential to bidding, negotiation, awarding and implementation with direct communication with vendors and in-house stakeholders. General responsibilities include Project Management in various spend categories.
An essential part of the role is to be an active member of the Category team of 5-6 FTE (team of professionals in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands) working together effectively to make category plans realizing the challenging category targets. The team has interfaces towards a wide range of different stakeholders internally and externally.
Your key activities will be:
- To develop, implement and roll out the procurement sub-category strategy Temporary Labour (covering currently total yearly spend of ~€ 30-40M), securing the best result/smart spend of Vattenfall money for each market situation;
- To analyse supplier markets including proactive and constant engagement with suppliers to drive performance management, resolve quality issues and generate market intelligence (bringing in the outside world and best practice to Vattenfall);
- To work closely together with all stakeholders, support as a partner, to fulfil procurement needs within the category, managing expectations, understanding their needs, acting agile towards short time to market;
- To ensure that services are sourced and delivered at best cost points available to Vattenfall on the supplier market (Quality/Service/Technology/Price) while ensuring that Vattenfall receives needed quality and value of services;
- To ensure that the value for Vattenfall stays at high level or increases throughout the valid period of the contracts, through vendor management mitigating risks and managing compliance;
- To perform spend, contract and market analysis for assigned categories;
- To focus on optimization of existing solutions/supplier base and specific vendors, including how business is using them (spend management), and including new need of supply/new solutions
- To steer external Procurement partners in the execution of and ordering in the assigned category
- Manage and steer all Contingent Labour & Flex Agency sourcing ventures
- Lead supplier negotiations in accordance with business sourcing model and economic model
- Provision of transparency about Contingent Labour & Flex Agency spend in Business Area/Business Unit
Your profile as (Sub-) Category Manager Contingent Labour
- Relevant University degree (or equal), with a minimum of five years relevant work experience in a similar international position.
- You have a good understanding of Contingent Labour & Flex Agency Business Sourcing Models and their locale differences.
- You have a strong experience with partnership models.
- Strong credibility built through both business insight and leadership.
- Ability to simplify complexity and to identify “the 20% of the scope that drives 80% of the results”.
- Collaborative interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player who actively engages people by asking, sharing, helping or asking for help.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Performance and results oriented.
- Pro-active and transparent.
- Strong negotiator.
- Ability to travel, up to 50%.
- Special focus on implementation under EU-tender law.
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written. Command of Dutch, German and/or Swedish is a benefit.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology. You will have the chance to broaden your area of expertise even more and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well. Vattenfall wants to be your employer of choice and offers excellent primary and fringe benefits. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth:
- an unlimited contract
- an office in Berlin, Amsterdam or Stockhol,
- working from home
- flexible working hours including part time contracts
- 30 days of vacational leave
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Vattenfall manages its operations in 6 Business Areas with a focus on three themes:
- • To work closer to the customers
- • Concentrate generation efforts towards renewables and carbon dioxide efficiency
- • Retain and increase knowledge of Vattenfall’s markets
For further questions regarding the position please contact Hiring Manager Sven Jacobs, +49 152 576 7748. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the recruiter for this position Bettina Keil,+49 40 79022 2289. Please apply directly with your English CV and cover letter through our website.