Power Climate Smarter living - that’s our purpose. We are looking for the brightest minds to make this happen. Start your climate smarter career and become one of the thirty trainees that start their journey in September 2019. Together you will contribute to a fossil free future. You will have a unique position to contribute to our purpose. All we ask from you is to use your Superpowers and share your energy to help us achieve our goal.
Every trainee position is unique, linked to a department within a specific business area and a working location. This means that each position has its own specific responsibilities and challenges and matching profile.
Your responsibilities as Trainee Innovation & Solutions Manager:
Vattenfall Heat UK Ltd, part of the business unit Energy Solutions, works with real estate developers and cities to help them to drive value, economic growth and a better quality of living in their cities and across their property portfolios. We do this by bringing together district solutions, individual building needs, and specific customer requirements spanning heating, e-mobility, and private power solutions.
The role, Trainee Innovation & Solutions Manager, will span both solutions development for new opportunities and also innovation in new service offerings and propositions for segments of the market. Rotating between solutions development and the product and innovation team within the business unit you will get to experience a host of different challenges and test your skills and knowledge of future energy systems and hopefully make them a reality and part of today’s product portfolio.
- Market and competitor analysis and developing win strategies
- Researching technologies and commercial models being used and applied in our market
- Working with the commercial function to develop innovative financial solutions which provide competitive advantage
- Driving improvements in our bid and solutions development processes
- Working as part of bid teams on major bids – through to win.
Your profile as Trainee Innovation & Solutions Manager:
- Degree educated to at least a 2.1 level at a top thirty university
- History of being proactive in being involved – from sports clubs/music clubs to young business schemes, to volunteering.
- Some work experience in a professional environment – this won’t be your first office/professional role
- Engineering/technical background NOT a requirement – just be smart.
Skills & attributes:
- Analytical mind – able to digest large amounts of information quickly
- Creative in everything you do – looking for new ways to solve problems and not accepting status quo
- Commercially intuitive – a strong and natural commercial flair and entrepenerial attitude
- Excellent communicator in all forms – natural at building relationships and getting people on-side
- Self starting and hard working – this will be a very self-led role. You will not wait to be told but will be out and thinking and starting without prompting.
Language skills : English, with German, Dutch or Swedish a strong benefit but not required
Our offer for you as an International Trainee
Vattenfall International Trainee Programme is the kickstart of your career within Vattenfall. You will have the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills over the course of a year. In the trainee programme you will take part in international workshops and site visits during the seminar weeks. You will have the opportunity to work abroad and get a good overview of our entire organization. Each position comes with a competitive salary and an excellent remuneration package.
Diversity & inclusion - in everything we do
At Vattenfall we build on the fact that diverse teams can outperform homogeneous teams. But we can only unleash and leverage the power of diversity, if we make everybody feel included. Read more about our important work on diversity & inclusion https://corporate.vattenfall.com/careers/working-at-vattenfall/diversity/.
We welcome your application in English, including resume and cover letter via the application button at this page. You can read more about the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme and meet our former trainees at https://corporate.vattenfall.com/career/students-and-graduates/international-trainee-programme/.
Last day to apply is March 10th 2019. Selection period starts in March/April, followed by interviews in April/May. An assessment is also part of the recruitment process and will take place in May in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The recruitment process will be finalized around the end of May/beginning of June. The last step will be a pre-employment screening. Starting date of the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme will be September 2nd 2019.
We look forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding the trainee programme in general or the specific trainee position, contact responsible recruiter Iris Eveleens +31 (6) 15330697, email@example.com.
At Vattenfall you can free your superpowers! We are one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and are primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Want to learn more about what we do? Visit www.vattenfall.com.
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.