Power Climate Smarter living - that’s our purpose. We are looking for the brightest minds to make this happen. Start your climate smarter career and become one of the thirty trainees that start their journey in September 2019. Together you will contribute to a fossil free future. You will have a unique position to contribute to our purpose. All we ask from you is to use your Superpowers and share your energy to help us achieve our goal.
Every trainee position is unique, linked to a department within a specific business area and a working location. This means that each position has its own specific responsibilities and challenges and matching profile.
Your responsibilities as Trainee Investment Analyst
Transaction Analysis, part of Risk Management, is an international and experienced team which is engaged across all Vattenfall countries. The team is tasked with providing independent advice to senior management (e.g. CEO, CFO, Heads of Business Areas) in order to make the risk/reward balance of business proposals transparent, strengthen business cases where possible and support Vattenfall’s strategy. The role offers a potential trainee the unique combination of being involved in strategic group decisions and working in close proximity to Vattenfall’s main commercial activities.
• Support the team in providing senior management with independent analysis and advice for major business decisions, with a focus on risk reward balance
• Together with an experienced analyst, review investment/divestment proposals, new products and complex structured deals throughout the Vattenfall Group (e.g. wind farms, e-mobility, power plants, decentralised energy, commodity derivatives) to examine robustness of the proposal and potential dependencies/impact:
- Identify risks to key value drivers (e.g. operational, market, commercial, reputational,
- regulatory) and propose possible mitigation strategies
- Verify valuation and financial models to assess the economic viability of proposals
- Review key contracts to ensure consistency with valuation and commercial aims
• Engage and discuss business proposals with project teams and relevant staff functions (e.g. Finance, Legal), both challenge and support the business through constructive feedback
Your profile as Trainee Investment Analyst
Whether you want a climate smarter career as an energy specialist, visionary manager or inspirational project lead in the energy sector. We offer you these possibilities within the trainee programme. We are looking for recent graduates holding an academic degree. You are fluent in business English. Skills in other world languages can be a merit. Furthermore, you are willing to relocate for possible assignments throughout the organization. You identify yourself with our principles: active, open, positive and safe.
As a Trainee Investment Analyst you recognize yourself in the following qualifications:
• Highly numerate with a strong commercial interest in order to develop an understanding of complex business proposals (e.g. investment/divestment proposals, new products
• A curious mind-set and willingness to continuously develop your knowledge base and personal skill set
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to build/manage relationships with commercial and technical colleagues alike
• Dependable and acts with integrity at all times
Location: Stockholm (Solna) Our offer for you as an International Trainee
Vattenfall International Trainee Programme is the kickstart of your career within Vattenfall. You will have the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills over the course of a year. In the trainee programme you will take part in international workshops and site visits during the seminar weeks. You will have the opportunity to work abroad and get a good overview of our entire organization. Each position comes with a competitive salary and an excellent remuneration package. Diversity & inclusion - in everything we do
At Vattenfall we build on the fact that diverse teams can outperform homogeneous teams. But we can only unleash and leverage the power of diversity, if we make everybody feel included. Read more about our important work on diversity & inclusion https://corporate.vattenfall.com/careers/working-at-vattenfall/diversity/
. More information
We welcome your application in English, including resume and cover letter via the application button at this page. You can read more about the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme and meet our former trainees at https://corporate.vattenfall.com/career/students-and-graduates/international-trainee-programme/
Last day to apply is March 10th 2019. Selection period starts in March/April, followed by interviews in April/May. An assessment is also part of the recruitment process and will take place in May in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The recruitment process will be finalized around the end of May/beginning of June. The last step will be a pre-employment screening. Starting date of the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme will be September 2nd 2019.
We look forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding the trainee programme in general or the specific trainee position, contact responsible recruiter Ann-Christine Hedberg Söderström, email@example.com
. Our Organization
At Vattenfall you can free your superpowers! We are one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and are primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Want to learn more about what we do? Visit www.vattenfall.com
. Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.