Power Climate Smarter living - that’s our purpose. We are looking for the brightest minds to make this happen. Start your climate smarter career and become one of the thirty trainees that start their journey in September 2019. Together you will contribute to a fossil free future. You will have a unique position to contribute to our purpose. All we ask from you is to use your Superpowers and share your energy to help us achieve our goal.
Every trainee position is unique, linked to a department within a specific business area and a working location. This means that each position has its own specific responsibilities and challenges and matching profile.
Your responsibilities as Trainee IT /Analytics
Business unit Hydro Nordic is one of the leading hydro power producers in the Nordic with about 90 hydro plants in Sweden and Finland. Our production and regulatory capability make a climate-smart society possible. The IT department within BU Hydro Nordics is responsible for running IT and digitalization within the business unit. We leverage information as well as new technology to fulfil current and future needs of the business.
- As a trainee within IT/Analytics you will be supporting us in our effort to become a “data driven” business. You will be working with our information architecture, helping to develop our data warehouse and apply this in areas like predictive maintenance.
- You will analyze the organization’s business intelligence needs and create KPIs and reports with the help of software tools such as Microsoft Power BI.
- You will also be given the opportunity to work with other areas within IT. Topics depending on your background and skills. You are a curios person and need to know “what makes the business tick”.
- Our organization is geographically dispersed so you will need to communicate and build relationships through virtual meetings. You will be part of the IT team but will additionally work with most parts of Vattenfall Hydro as well. You will be collaborating with colleagues from Vattenfall IT in Sweden, Germany, Netherlands and Poland.
Your profile as Trainee IT/Analytics
If you want a climate smarter career, we offer this possibility within the trainee programme. We are looking for recent graduates holding an academic degree. You are fluent in business English and Swedish. Skills in other world languages can be a merit. Furthermore, you are willing to relocate for possible assignments throughout the organization. You identify yourself with our principles: active, open, positive and safe.
As a Trainee IT/Analytics you recognize yourself in the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is a minimum; three years’ worth of university education within IT or a relevant related area
- Experience with data handling and data modeling
- It is a merit if you have worked with information- and functional modeling, as well as IT architecture for complex IT environments.
- We consider it a bonus if you have experience from organizations that are geographically dispersed.
Diversity & inclusion - in everything we do
Our offer for you as an International Trainee
Vattenfall International Trainee Programme is the kickstart of your career within Vattenfall. You will have the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills over the course of a year. In the trainee programme you will take part in international workshops and site visits during the seminar weeks. You will have the opportunity to work abroad and get a good overview of our entire organization. Each position comes with a competitive salary and an excellent remuneration package.
Location for this trainee position is at one of our offices in Luleå, Umeå, Sundsvall or Stockholm Solna. Other locations where Vattenfall BU Hydro have offices may also be relevant.
Last day to apply is March 10th 2019. Selection period starts in March/April, followed by interviews in April/May. An assessment is also part of the recruitment process and will take place in May in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The recruitment process will be finalized around the end of May/beginning of June. The last step will be a pre-employment screening. Starting date of the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme will be September 2nd 2019.
We look forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding the trainee programme in general contact responsible recruiter Johan Macdonald, tel +46-73-0852763. If you have questions about this specific trainee position contact hiring manager Jan Hagrydh, tel +46-72-5887840.
At Vattenfall you can free your superpowers! We are one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and are primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.