For our Vattenfall Smart Connect GmbH we are now looking for a
Working Student (m/f) Agile Software Engineering (Decentralised Energy Solutions)
for our office in Munich.
Support for a subsequent Master / Bachelor thesis possible after consultation.
We offer you a good insight into modern software development in the field of decentralized energy landscape. You will be responsible for working on challenging concepts that involve connecting decentral energy systems as a “virtual pool” with the wholesale market or energy exchange. This ranges from algorithmic trading and pooling to the design, development and deployment of service containers in AWS and Azure.
You work in a small team. Agile, scrum-based development and automation of operational and development processes are our goals.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Support development of our innovative software solution for the networking and optimization of decentral energy systems with the energy markets
- Assisting lead developers in implementing individual services and components (e.g. steering, pooling, optimization, GUI, REST APIs, reporting, statistics, analytics)
- Participation in the design and architecture of the solution based on previously created concepts
- Further development of our process automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment strategy
- Research, analysis, preparation of presentations
- Creation and maintenance of technical documents
Requirements and desired skills
- Enrolled student starting in the 4th semester in the fields of computer science, software engineering, mathematics, physics, or a similar field of study
- Initial knowledge in software development
- Concept understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and possibly common software solutions such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Personal integrity, as well as enthusiasm for the energy transition & digitization
- Independent, responsible and team-oriented editing of new topics
- Very good spoken and written German and English
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, creative mindset – we love new ideas
An extra plus will be first experience with cloud-based services, e.g. Docker, AWS, Azure or with asynchronous messaging, e.g. with Kafka, RabbitMQ and / or REST-based interfaces.
We are striving for diversity and inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
BA Markets is the Business Area where all Asset Optimization and Trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located across Europe with more than 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, Netherlands and Denmark. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions, take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits and optimize the running and hedging of Vattenfall’s generation assets.
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
- Start date: September 1, 2018
- Working time: 12 – 20 hours per week, up to 37 hours per week (full-time) in vacation time
- Minimum duration: 6 months
- Compensation: 12 Euro per hour
Your application should contain a covering letter, CV, current grade reports and your certificate of enrollment.
For more information about the job and the department you are welcome to contact the hiring manager Mr Thorsten Möller, via email@example.com .
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiter Mr Thomas Macht, via phone +49 40790221618.
Deadline for application is July 29, 2018. We look forward to your application!