Vattenfall is now looking for a
Working Student or Student for Master Thesis in Electrical & SCADA Department.
The placement will be in context of maturing new products in the area of HV Subsea Cables with the focus on evaluating and improving the environmental implications. The topic in focus is the usage of lead in Subsea Cables. The position is in Hamburg or Kolding.
Your tasks as a Working Student or Student for Master Thesis in Electrical & SCADA
Your profile as a Working Student or Student for Master Thesis in Electrical & SCADA
- Work along the Electrical Engineers with expertise in HV Subsea Cables
- Lead an investigation on the usage of lead in subsea cables. E.g. evaluate and assess following questions:
- What purpose is being fulfilled by lead in cables?
- What are the environmental & health effects of that?
- Is there an alternative to lead?
- What are the hurdles for a change?
- Pros & Cons of cables designs without lead
- The work can be performed either as part of a master thesis or as a study undertaken by a working student
- Studies in the area of engineering preferable electrical
- Good English and preferably German communication skills (written and spoken)
- Self-driven and open to interact in large organization
- Extensive MS-Office skills, especially in Excel
- Technical interest and understanding
- Ideally some relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills and structured way of working
- International experience is a plus
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore, we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.Our Organization
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further. As of 1st of July 2017, Business Area Wind in Vattenfall has changed its operational model and restructured the organisation to a product line structure around the 3 Business Units being Onshore, Offshore and Solar & Batteries. More Information
• Starting time: as soon as possible
• Temporary position: 6 months
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact Katharina Bedei
via phone +49 40 2718 2155. For more information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Wassilios Sintoris
via phone +49 40 79022 2142. Please apply directly via the application button.